The Neukölln municipal swimming pool was built from 1912 to 1914 according to plans by the Berlin architect Reinhold Kiehl.
The main entrance with its glazed staircase is located in the centre of the complex. The elaborately designed Roman bath is situated on the second floor between the two swimming halls. The western-most "large indoor swimming pool" is roofed with a barrel vault and was originally reserved for men. The eastern-most "small indoor swimming pool" with a flat roof was the former women’s pool.
The valuable historical interiors were sympathetically restored. The building services as well as the ceiling and roof structures above the two swimming pools were upgraded so as to conform with the latest technical and energy saving requirements.
- Ganghofer Straße 3, 12043 Berlin
- BBB Infrastruktur GmbH & Co KG
- Veauthier Meyer Architekten
- HOAI phases 3–9
- 18.000 m2 GFA