The listed Bölsche Secondary School dating from 1906 was extended by a modern double-field sports hall within the very short planning and construction period of 24 months. The cubic building consists of a massive red-brick plinth below a continuous band of profiled glazing. The four metre high glazing encircles the whole building and ensures uniform day-lighting in the sports hall. At night the translucent band of glazing is lit from within making the sports hall and its lightweight construction visible from afar.
The red-brick plinth of the building creates an overall design impression together with the listed chapel of the neighbouring evangelical churchyard. The entrance zone, changing rooms and plant rooms are located in the plinth. The interior of the sports hall is fitted out with natural materials – the rebound wall is of maritime pine and the flooring of linoleum. The structure of the hall is a combination of reinforced concrete, steel and timber with a supporting roof covering of cross-laminated timber elements. Acoustic elements were integrated into the formwork.
- Aßmannstraße 11, 12587 Berlin-Friedrichshagen
- Bezirksamt Treptow-Köpenick von Berlin
- Veauthier Meyer Architekten
- HOAI phases 2–5
- 1.520 m2 GFA
- Christoph Rokitta