Sections of the listed, former animal anatomy building dating from 1906 have been extensively upgraded and energetically optimized. Offices, laboratories and seminar rooms and a small specialist library have been created for the new user: the Bernstein Centre for Computational Neuroscience Berlin.
All thermal insulation measures, such as internally insulating walls and replacing single with thermal glazing, were adapted to fit the overall context of the existing building structure. Customized solutions harmonise accessibility and fire safety requirements with historic preservation issues. Heating, ventilation and toilet facilities have been completely renewed.
- Charité Campus, Philippstraße, 10115 Berlin-Mitte
- Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Veauthier Meyer Architekten
- Leistung Objektplanung und Freianlagen LP 1–8, Brandschutzkonzept, Berechnungen nach EnEV 2009
- 1.050 m2 gross floor area
- Christoph Rokitta